Sunday, July 27, 2008

Riveting

So how did you spend your weekend?

Friday: I spent 40 dollars on underwear and 5 dollars on a beverage warmer/usb hub.
Saturday and Sunday: I got paid to watch television for 12 hours each day.

All in all, pretty successful I'd say.

Really though, it's been good. I've been refocusing efforts on my spiritual life, spending 2 hours on Sat and Sun in a nature park meditating and reading. It's been very fulfilling.

I'm going to try something new this week. I'm taking myself offline at home. It's been a very long time since I tried to live without constant internet connection, and I think it would be a very good thing for me. I'll still check my email at the library and such. I just want to break my dependence on the net. I'm interested to see how it goes.

I hope I'll learn something about willpower while I'm at it.

No comments: