Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bob Ross is a god among men

Tonight is my first night alone working at PBS.

Oh yeah, I'm working at PBS. Weekends from noon to midnight. My job basically involves me airing shows and breaks, and making recordings. I like it a lot.

So...Tonight is my first night alone working at PBS.

I'm honestly not terribly nervous about it. I've been here an hour now, and everything is running pretty smoothly.

I got to watch Joy of Painting with the afore mentioned Bob Ross. I haven't seen that show since I was a little kid. I loved it then and I love it now. He's just such a good personality. Even more interesting is that I learned that he filmed all of his shows after the first season here in Muncie. In fact, my boss Jerry Hunt was an engineer on the show. It was neat to see his name in the credits.

Unfortunately, now I have to watch an hour of country music videos.

I've got the sound turned down...

So far, so good.

1 comment:

Dr Rotwang said...

Bob Ross was incredible. So fast, so evocative. So calm.