Sunday, June 15, 2008

Energy

What an interesting day this has been. The sun routinely wakes me at around 6:30 or 7 every day. I'm not really used to waking up that early in the morning, but I'm getting used to it. This morning was different though. I had my usual wind up time; about an hour spent waking up at the computer. I had a lot of energy, which was odd for me, especially at that hour. I decided that I didn't want to spend the day wasting away at the computer before or after

So I went for a run. Now, I've been running on and off for a while now. It's a good activity for me to do, but I've always done it at night when it was cool. Also, I think it was so no one would see me. I don't actually have any exercise clothes, so I go out in a white t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants with snowflakes all over them. It looks a bit silly. I don't really care if people see me in them, but something deep inside me does.

Anyway, it was a really encouraging way start off my day. Church was awesome. The message was good, all about predetermination vs. choice. The pastor isn't the most amazing public speaker, but he has a good thing to say so it's not so bad. Afterwards, I decided to stay for coffee so I could hopefully chat with someone and get some social interaction. I ended up speaking with Gary, a man from my Buddhist group I had met the week before. Gary introduced me to his partner Jessie. I have to say that it was awesome to have someone trust me enough to openly be homosexual. I know that sounds silly, but you probably don't know Muncie. It is a sad, sad town.

Anyway, I was open and honest with them as we chatted about our lives. It felt good to confide in others and have them reciprocate with compassion and kindness. They're awesome. To make it better, for work Jessie travels around with a guy who dresses up as Darth Vader for fairs and parties and takes pictures of everything. My mind was blown.

I'm also not sleeping on the floor anymore. Justin (my brother in law) brought over the futon from Shannon's (our sister in law) house today. The room just looks cleaner and more homey. It feels good. I'm sitting on it right now, instead of my office chair and typing all of this on my little XO laptop. If you don't know what that is, google it. It's actually pretty awesome.

So tonight will be my second night of attending the Buddhist group. I'm looking forward to it. It's such a difficult thing for me to meditate on my own, and this group really helps me focus on staying still. Now I just need to get my mind under control.

And oh yeah, if you haven't checked out Pandora Radio, you really should.

No comments: